First steps to Literacy and Phonics
Subject:Literacy and Phonics
Pre-Primary and Primary English teachers interested in teaching reading and writing from an early age
Minimum B1 level of English (the course is given in English)
- How to teach reading and writing in English at an early age
- Ideas, strategies and games to develop children’s literacy skills
- Synthetic Phonics and its application in the classroom
- To introduce the bases of literacy from an early age.
- To provide strategies and activities to help students develop their reading and writing skills.
- To analyse the development of the reading and writing process from a pre-reading stage to a consolidated skill.
- To analyse literacy at the word, sentence, and text level.
- To introduce the Synthetic Phonics methodology as a tool for literacy.
- To delve into the Synthetic Phonics methodology in both Pre-Primary and Primary.
- To learn how to assess literacy using different tools and methods.
Contact us via Oxford Connect