First steps to reading and writing: Synthetic Phonics
The definitive method for the teaching of reading and writing in English. First steps to reading and writing: Synthetic Phonics will unpack the different elements of this methodology in a way that is both practical and effective.
English teachers, Pre-Primary teachers, and Primary teachers who are interested in learning how to apply the synthetic phonics method in their classrooms as a way of developing literacy in English.
• Exploring the relationships between the English phonemes and graphemes.
• The sub-skills of reading and writing, including blending, segmentation, and handwriting.
• Effective strategies and activities to use in the classroom.
• To introduce the foundations of reading and writing from an early age.
• To develop the understanding of English phonemes and their corresponding graphemes.
• To provide strategies and activities for including the teaching of phonics as part of a daily routine.
• To develop tools to evaluate phonics skills.