First steps to reading and writing: Literacy and Phonics II
The First steps to reading and writing: Literacy and Phonics II course goes deeper into the synthetic phonics method, providing a wide range of techniques and strategies for developing and consolidating English literacy skills at an early age.
English teachers, Pre-Primary teachers, and Primary teachers with some prior knowledge of teaching literacy in English who want to deepen their understanding of this skill.
• Revisiting and expanding on the different stages involved in the implementation of the synthetic phonics method.
• Working on literacy at the word and phrase level. Introducing short texts.
• Developing listening and speaking skills.
• Practical activities and evaluation.
• To build a solid knowledge base on the correct use of the synthetic phonics method.
• To work with two distinct levels of literacy: understanding at the word level and at the phrase level.
• Analyse decodable texts to foster motivation and comprehension.
• To provide strategies and activities which develop the four linguistic skills: reading, writing, listening, and speaking.